Saturday, September 22, 2012

Oops! Skipped a day... but I'm still here!


Get Happy Challenge Day 5

Yesterday was my day off and I just got caught up in the fact that I was feeling a little better and getting things done. I didn't officially get up until 8 but I got in my run, a lot of laundry, the dishes, a planned grocery trip, made dinner, enjoyed a movie and did my nails. All pretty feel good things for my day off.

Today I was up at 7:40, naturally, no alarm which is pretty good for me. I didn't plan to run because I already accomplished my run three days goal, but a friend encouraged me to get put there anyways and I thought why not exceed my goal, so I did! Yay! And I have to admit I did more walking than running but hey I still got out there.

My tip for the day was do something nice for someone, so I baked brownies before work and took them to my coworkers. They loved em'. It felt good! I am kinda making it my personal goal to try to up the morale at work and just make people happier in general, so today was just a little step.

Thought for the day:

carpe diem




*What is the Get Happy Challenge? It is a totally made up challenge between me and my best-ie, Melissa, to motivate each other to get and be happier mommies by Xmas. Each day we will try our darn-est to post a tip, goal and thought of the day, and each night we will post how our day was. We will share ideas and words of encouragement along the way as our Xmas gift to each other. Feel free to join our challenge. The more the merrier =HAPPIER!
also see Melissa at http://thehomemomager.blogspot.com/
At the very least comment to help us along. *

No comments:

Post a Comment