Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Small Living / Go Green-er! Day 3


I was thinking, I am really into supporting artist, local artist when possible. Of course, I work for two local businesses and TreeHouse is all about green living so here are a few products you can find there to solve some of the "Earth's problems" (for dramatic effect mostly, lol). But really they have a lot of solutions to live everyday a little greener.


Day 1 Cut Out Paper Towels
You can buy recycled paper towels there.
or even better skip paper towels and try these...
Full Circle dish clothes and more to choose.




Day 2 No More Plastic Bags
You can find these...
Blue Avocado (an Austin company) assorted shopping bags and more.

___________________________________________________

Ok now!
Day 3, a day late
I have been living in a tiny apartment for little over a year now and it's been a huge adjustment for me. After lots of research on small home living, I am learning to love it and to realize I don't need a lot of space or stuff. There are efficient ways to organize, eliminate, and make due. It's about living within your means. Being able to afford doing the things you love.
So in appreciation of my new small home living way of life I have gotten very excited by small house plans and ideas. 

Tiny Texas House
These are recycled homes.  Super cool! I love old things. Old Fashioned. Antique. Vintage. Whatever you call it, I dig it! I want my own tiny old house.


go here to read more... http://tinytexashouses.com/
Tumbleweed Tiny House Company
my dream house.... ahhhh! It's soooo perfect.



See more amazing little house plans here...
Read about small home living here...

She totally did it right! maybe not so much white for me and Kiddo but Totally Girl-ie will do for us. I have always loved Victorian dollhouses, why not live in one. 
Read about this home here...

Photo Credits: Trevor Tondro for The New York Times

Check out the Small Cool Contest on Apartment Therapy

Here is a blog dedicated to living small... looks pretty good
logo

No comments:

Post a Comment