Monday, April 2, 2012

Re-usable Bags / Go Green-er! Day 2

OMG! My computer got a virus today, or had one building up which finally took over today. I was freaking out. I am addicted to my computer. I definitely use it every day, all day. And on top of that I committed myself to this blog-a-thon. But, thank god, one of my best-est friends ever is a bigger computer nerd than I. He fixed my computer and cooked an amazing dinner, chicken fried steak. Yum! I am a very lucky girl. So computer fixed, back to work.

Day 2
I'm going to go obvious on this one because, heck, I'm tired and had a long stressful day. 
Shopping bags. You know they are bad, so stop using them. I used the excuse that I reused them for dog poop bags but they are not compost-able so it's not really a solution. But here are somethings you can do with all those bags your hoarding. 

You can make a purse! Click Here
Image for Recycled Plastic Bag Purse DIY Craft Project

http://media-files.gather.com/images/d347/d426/d744/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

You can make a dog leash, or rope. Click Here

Here's a neat idea. Not sure why you would want to do this but you can cover your already  plastic hangers. Someone tell  me why! But it looks cool. Click Here

If you don't feel like being crafty then you can support an artist and buy these, Click Here
Shopping Bag made from recycled plastic bags

I love these. Shopping bags made from old t-shirts. Love it! Click Here 
Grocery Market Shopping Bags SIX PACK Paper or Plastic No Thank You
Love their whole shop!!! Click Here


Well day 2 down and I'm feeling good! I had a fabulous Sunday at the creek with friends, the kiddo and my lovely doggie. If we don't all try and be greener, there won't be wonderful days like these. I couldn't stop telling the girls what a beautiful city we live in and how lucky they are to grow up here.

My dog can walk on water! Doesn' t she look magical. And the intertube is just a fashion statement, she's the best swimmer I know :)

Sunday night dinner/ Game of Thrones party, think that's going to be a regular thing now! So glad to be part of a group again.
Fabulous dinner again tonight, as I mentioned. Wonder who will feed me tomorrow. LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment